Shout out! Hey Poconos!!!

I wanted to say "hey" to the Anthem Guy who is always so helpful and makes my job look SO easy!!!!

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Slip Slidin' Away....

Today was the day I took Mom and her Roomie to my mother-in-law's house for our wedding celebration. It was so nice. Mom loves being around Mike's family. And true to form, his family treated Mom and Roomie like family. Both ladies enjoyed the country ride and the delicious home-cooked food.

On the way home Mom got to talking. It was clear that she's losing her grip on reality. She brought up people she'd seen at Mike's Mom's. Only those people weren't there. She said, "When I'm in crowds I see faces that can't possibly be there, but they're so real."

She also talked about things that never happened. Like she talked about going on Disney's Space Mountain with my dad... on their first date,,, in 1942... Space Mountain was build in 1976. But she so clearly remembers it. She also insists that she and dad were married for 65 years when he died. Neither one of them was even 65 years of age when he died.

She loses her train of thought. That really frustrates her. Most of her sentences contain this parenthetical comment "shoot! I can't remember anything anymore" or "darn! what word am I looking for???"

Mom's slipping away. Little by little. I feel helpless. Like I'm standing in a threshold. What will life be like when she's gone? What will I do with myself without her?

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online