Shout out! Hey Poconos!!!

I wanted to say "hey" to the Anthem Guy who is always so helpful and makes my job look SO easy!!!!

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

another UTI

Mom has another UTI. (Urinary Tract Infection) She rarely goes for more than a month before she's infected again. You might think it's a hygiene issue, but it isn't. The bacteria that we can't seem to thwart is a result of kidney stones.

I thought she might be getting sick again last week... and I was right.

How did I know? One of the most surprising things I've learned is that UTIs often manifest as dementia in the elderly. Mom hallucinates, becomes very agitated and disoriented.

I noticed a change in her 10 days ago, but I attributed it to the recent room move. Wrong. I'm hoping that the antibiotics will bring her comfort. She's been miserable.

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online