Shout out! Hey Poconos!!!

I wanted to say "hey" to the Anthem Guy who is always so helpful and makes my job look SO easy!!!!

Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Invitation. . .

My employer places a strong emphasis on "resident rights". It's the main thrust of almost every meeting, or goal we set. We are very conscious of the resident's right to dignity, freedom of choice, simple pleasures and basic living essentials. As a means to that end, our building established a resident counsel. I don't know if all nursing homes have that, but ours does.

Mom would rise up from the dead to attend a resident counsel meeting. I've seen her be sick as a dog, but perk right up when she finds out it's meeting day. I don't attend, but I hear she holds court every time there's a meeting.

Mom usually stops by the business office to complain about what was said and who did or did not attend. She takes great offense if the administrator is not there.

The other morning, Mom triumphantly wheeled herself into my office and bragged about her latest encounter with my boss. "I told her that I understand it takes an engraved invitation for her to attend a counsel meeting so here it is." With that Mom handed her a written invitation.

Mom was so proud of herself. I could have died. Mom doesn't consider that this is where I work. I have to stop thinking that my performance is being judged by Mom's actions. It's hard to make that break.


As it turns out, Mom did what she was supposed to do. By law, the administrator is barred from the counsel meetings unless she's expressly invited to attend.

See? Mom's not all bad. :o)

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online