Shout out! Hey Poconos!!!

I wanted to say "hey" to the Anthem Guy who is always so helpful and makes my job look SO easy!!!!

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Hoarding gone WILD!!!!

Is it Sunday again already???

I found Mom in good spirits today. An old friend of mine was in the hallway as I approached Mom's room. Her dad's back in the nursing home after a bout of pneumonia. Linda stopped in to see Mom and went on a rant about all the trouble they've had with her dad's care.

That opened the door for MOM to complain. And complain. And complain. Her main grievance today was that she couldn't get anyone to clear off her recliner. (hint hint) So I tackled it. There were two pillows on her bed and three pillows in the seat of the recliner. I said, "MOM! How many pillows do you need????" She said, "Five" She sleeps in a twin hospital bed and needs FIVE PILLOWS. Lordie Lordie.

Also in the recliner was a two foot tall stack of magazines. I asked Mom who was bringing her all the magazines. She's lifting them from where ever she finds them. I found FOUR Reader's Digests for THE SAME MONTH!! Mom's like me, I'm more of a book owner than a book reader. And I wouldn't be surprised if I found multiple copies of the same book. So who am I to judge???

The other thing in the recliner (Can you IMAGINE how high this stuff was stacked!!) was a huge plastic bag of clothing. Stapled to the bag was a note that read "Please mark these clothes and return to room 602-2". There was a signature on the note that indicated the clothing was marked. So I said, "Mom, why don't I hang up these clothes for you?"

There were twelve pairs of men's underwear in the bag. (all with her name marked in them) I said, "oh, I think these aren't yours... they're men's briefs!" They're hers. She bought them at the rummage sale they had last weekend. Men's underwear.

It's all about ownership and my mother's absolute inability to pass up a bargain. I grabbed up the drawers and went to find a place to throw them out. There were several aides and nurses at the nurses station who got a big kick out of me. "Oh you found your mother's shopping spree!" Nice.

All in all, Mom's in good spirits. Life is normal. The piles of weirdness abound in her room. Life is good.

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online