Shout out! Hey Poconos!!!

I wanted to say "hey" to the Anthem Guy who is always so helpful and makes my job look SO easy!!!!

Saturday, December 22, 2007

It's a team effort...

I have a sister who lives in Michigan. Her health is poor and she lives with constant pain. She also has a husband who depends upon her to care for him, his health is very bad. But you know what? She doesn't forget Mom.

She writes long letters often. She sends little gifts now and then, and big ones on the holidays. I have a huge box for Mom that she sent. I'm saving it for Christmas. Mom knows it's here and is just tickled pink at the thought of it!

If you are NOT the primary care giver for an elderly parent, please do what my sisters and brother do. Stay in touch with your elderly parent. Let them know that they're in your thoughts. Those actions help more than just your parent.

It is SO nice to see Mom smiling from ear to ear after she's heard from one of my siblings. It truly brightens her day. And that makes MY day easier too!

Make the effort, the gift goes farther than you know.

I don't like how far flung we are. I miss my sisters and my brother. We are all so entrenched in our lives that travel is just too difficult. Our immediate families require all of our time and attention and the thought of being away for even a day or two seems like an impossible dream.

I used to say, "Come, before it's too late." I didn't mean to lay on a guilt trip. The sister that is so faithful to stay in touch and send care packages hasn't seen Mom in well over a decade. I envy her that. Her mental picture of my mom is so different than mine. The last time she saw her, Mom was still driving, sewing, living alone. She'd be unpleasantly shocked to see Mom now. And what would be the point? Mom genuinely feels her love. Mom doesn't "miss" her, because her frequent contact keeps her so close. She gives Mom the best of herself. I cannot stress enough how important a roll she plays in Mom's well-being.

To all my beloved siblings, thank you so much for being there in the best way you can. I hope this holiday season finds you warm, peaceful and pain-free. I love you.

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online